Tuesday 21 April 2015

Record label research...

The next step was for me to research into record labels to determine the type of record label my band may be signed to. I began by researching into the big name record labels such as 'Universal Music Group', 'Sony BMG' and 'Warner Music group', to distinguish the exsisting types of bands and artists they have singed. This way I could see if there were any bands or artists for my genre of Indie Rock which would determine the like ability of them signing a band like mine.

   



I found that the big name labels such as 'Universal Music Group' tend to sign a lot of pop or R&B artists, although they do have some jazz and rock bands/artists there were not as many as the amount of pop and R&B. This lead me onto researching lower key labels who are more likely to sign small independent bands. 


I was then lead to the record label 'Fantasy' through a music video and after analysing their website I knew this would be the best record label for my band. Fantasy are not too high profile, however they are not unknown and do have good connections, also the artists and bends they have already signed seem to be from a similar genre to the Indie Rock genre.




No comments:

Post a Comment