Tuesday 21 April 2015

Final magazine advert...


                      This is my final magazine advert for my EP Static by our band Dysphoria. 

- I used a black and white filter for my magazine advert to link it to my Digi-pak and my music video as they also contained a black and white filter. Also after researching into the indie rock genre one of the conventions was the use of a filter, usually black and white, therefore this magazine advert illustrates how I have conformed to the conventions of the indie rock genre. 
- I decided to put the text in capitals as I felt that it helped the text stand out on the advert as well as linking to our song name on our digi-pak and music video as the song title 'static' was written in capital letters.
- I chose the image of our artist in the field because I felt that it was very simple which is necessary for a background as I didn't want it to take the focus away form the text. Also by including an image of the artist it promotes their star image and viewers will be able to recognise her from the music video. This conforms to Richard Dyers Star theory,as dyer states 'a star is constructed out of a range of materials' therefore the image of our artist or 'star' on the magazine advert and in the music video illustrates 2 platforms (materials) that she will feature on, thus improving her star image. 
- The font I chose throughout the magazine advert was 'Raleway', although this is not the same font as what is on my digi-pak or music video I felt that the italic writing would not fit in with the very structured design of my digi-pak. 
- For the colour of my font, I chose to use white for the band name, song title, and for 'new album to 2015' this was because this was the most vital and significant piece of information and I wanted to make it memorable to audiences. For the rest of the writing I used a black colour font to conform to my black and white filter and to contrast with the bold white text of the song name and band name.


No comments:

Post a Comment