Sunday 12 April 2015

Digi-Pak draft

When creating my Digi-Pak I experimented with different features on photoshop to see what made my digi-pak look the most appealing and eye catching to audiences. Once I and arranged each of my photos and the texts I wanted to see what elements I could change using photoshop software, I used photoshop online for this as I did not have the software on my computer at home however the online version gave me a wide selection of choices for things to change and play around with.




First of all I experimented with the 'tint' tool, although my magazine advert and music video had a black and white / grey scale filter I decided to see if a dull sepia colour may add more warmth to the digi-pak and would make it stand out in comparison to my music video and magazine advert. 


This is my Digi-pak with the black and white filter. This will link better to my magazine advert and my music video as they too have a black and white filter and it conforms to the convention of an Indie Rock digi-pak, however,the full colours make some of the images look faded and washed out which takes away the beauty of each photograph.

                           

From my comments above I decided to experiment with the 'sharpness' tool on photoshop whilst in the black and white filter. This made a drastic difference in the quality of the photographs and it made them more prominent in the digi-pak. However on reflection the sharp tool also made the writing sharp which made it look false and didn't blend in with the background image.

Overall I chose to pick the digi-pak with the black and white filter, without the sharp tool. I chose the black and white filter over the sepia tint as I felt that with the combination of my magazine advert and music video the black and white filter will bland in better as well as creating a specific image for our band. As well as this, by choosing the black and white filter illustrates that we have conformed to the conventions on an Indie Rock digi-pak. I decide to not include the sharp tool because i felt it created an 'artificial' look to my digi-pak and separated the images and text which made it look less professional and finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment