Monday 13 April 2015

Final Digi-Pak...

                                                    CD                                        Inside Cover
                                            Front Cover                                     Back Cover

- For my final finished digi-pak I used a photography I took on location at one of the lakes for my front cover, I felt that this shot was very simplistic however the feature of the birds adds an eerie effect which can link into the genre of music. Also the inclusion of the trees represents the theme of nature in our video and the lake is used to represent the lake our artist commits suicide in at the end of our video.
- I used a black and white filter for my digi-pak because from researching the conventions of the Indie Rock genre one of the conventions was that filters are often used, particularly the black and white filter as it sets the tone of the album.
- For the font type on the front cover I used the same font as what was used on my final music video titles, this is so that the audiences would recognise the font type and it could possibly become a logo for our band.
- To add some interest to the front cover I decided to create a reflection of the title in the lake, I felt that this created a professional finish and shows attention to detail.
- For the back cover I selected an image from one of our camera shots of our artists' legs and feet on the decking before she jumped into the water. I knew from my audience feedback that the feet shot in our video was very popular with audiences and so I thought by using a different foot shot it would have the same effect on audiences.
- I used the same font for my track list as what the word 'Static' was in in my final video and on the front cover of my digi-pak.
- I chose the shot of the lake for my CD image as I knew I needed something quite neutral, and not overly fussy or complicated because you only see a small area of the image on the disc, therefore this shot of the lake was ideal.
- Finally I decided to use the shot of the boots for my inside cover because this was one of the shots that has always stood out to me the most particularly because of the way the camera has captured the worn, leathered texture to the boots.
- I have included a barcode at the bottom left of my back cover and a QR code at the bottom right so that audiences can scan it with their smartphone and it will take them straight to the website to download the track.
- I have also included the record label and a link to an online website on he inside cover, this is because from analysing existing Indie Rock digi-paks I found that the majority of them included this on their digi-paks.

No comments:

Post a Comment